Crafty Chicks

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Crisis Averted!

Thank God for a stash of finished knitted items! Christmas was as usual at the Knitschmidt household. Me dashing around at the last inute to get packages shipped back east and gifts finalized and purchased for the family here. The blizzard thet shut down Denver for two days starting December 20th didn't help the situation. But Christmas Eve found Mr. Knitschmidt and me breathing a sigh of relief as we took stock and assured ourselves that yes, everyone was covered and began wrapping.

Then Little Brother Knitschmidt came home for the night. With his girlfriend.

WHAT? Nobody told me she was going to be here on Christmas morning! You can't just spring extra guests on the hostess without warning like that! And I had no gift for her. What to do, what to do... Aha! A scarf!! The green or the orange? I chose the green, and she loved it. In fact, green just happens to be her favorite color. Who knew? And THAT is why you should always have at least one completed project just lying around just in case.

Labels:

2 comment(s):

I need to make another stash! I got rid of... er.. gifted 3 scarves that I had finished but ended up not liking as much as some others. :)

By Blogger @ColoradoMom, at December 30, 2006 at 11:04:00 AM PST  

I loved this one! LOL I think I need to make another. Is that bad?

By Blogger Crafty Chicks, at January 2, 2007 at 11:27:00 PM PST  

Post a comment

<< Home